Simple, Flexible and Secure
- No heavy IT infrastructure required.
- Easy to deploy and compatible with multiple vehicle platforms.
- Protected by state-of-the-art cyber security technology.
New Flyer Connect® Mobile App
- Our new and easy-to-use mobile application puts the information at your fingertips.
- Available for iOS and Android.
Over-the-Air Software Update
- Always have the latest software version on your bus with secure over-the-air software updates.
I use all of the resources here (drivers, New Flyer Connect®, technicians). If something is reported, I determine the severity and whether or not to take the bus out of service. Your support is great because it’s not always that a driver sees a malfunction or trouble light come on. At times they come on and go right back off.
– Fleet Maintenance Manager
This is the bus that we were tracking for brake drag in New Flyer Connect® earlier in the week. As indicated by New Flyer Connect®, it was an issue with the four PSI switch on the rear curbside axle. In this case, New Flyer Connect® was able to save us many hours of diagnostic time in locating the root cause of this failure.
– Field Technical Service Specialist
Real Time Information & Notifications
- Easily review real-time information including critical alerts based on your vehicles’ current status, location and time.
- Send notifications to the right group of people based on your vehicle’s actual operating and performance conditions.
- Connect to your vehicle remotely and collect valuable operating parameters and diagnostic codes from its various sub-systems so your team can better asses whether the operator can complete its route or if a vehicle swap is needed.
Vehicle Health & Remote Diagnostics
- Access a comprehensive suite of tools and reports that help your maintenance team understand issues, determine urgency and set priorities.
- Troubleshoot vehicle problems efficiently with actionable diagnostic reporting for your technicians.
- Find the root cause of random faults quickly with customized monitoring strategies provided by the New Flyer Connect® team.
Driver Efficiency & Safety
- Enhance your coaching and training initiatives with a comprehensive package and an insightful picture of your drivers’ performance.
- Measure and better understand the driving habits of your team while the Driver Maneuver Awareness System provides real-time feedback to your operators, perpetuating their day-to-day improvement and skills.
- Review efficiency & safety scores based on performance segregated by a group or an individual operator, helping you improve your training and coaching strategies.
Active Center Support
- Benefit from an experienced team that will support you with advanced analytics tools to provide actionable insights on your fleet’s performance.
- Enjoy daily*, weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reports sent to designated personnel, assisting your operations and maintenance team with meeting KPIs and achieving organizational objectives.
What vehicles can the system be installed on?
The system is compatible with a variety of vehicles and can be easily retrofitted into different transit buses, highway coaches, para-transit and even can support your SUVs and cars.
Can we replay the route of the vehicle on the map?
You can replay the vehicle route on the map. The route will include the speed and location of the vehicle at all times, as well as events that occurred on-route.
Can we change the communication interval of the units to get the location in high resolution?
The location interval can be changed according to the customer needs based upon time or distance.
Can we create an alert if a vehicle leaves a geographic area during a specific time, such as during a weekend?
You can generate alerts when vehicles leave any predefined area during any predefined schedule. These alerts can also indicate other actions, such as starting the engine inside or outside of these areas.
Is it possible to define high and low threshold sensor values and get an alert when these thresholds are crossed?
The system allows you to define a range of different sensor-related events and notifications can be sent to the relevant personnel via email.
Is it possible to install a G-sensor on an old vehicle?
The G-sensor is embedded in the New Flyer Connect® MBU unit and is always available.
Is it possible to get an alert if the vehicle is operated in an inefficient way?
New Flyer Connect® can send a notification when the vehicle is performing in an inefficient way based on driving manuevers or operating conditions.
What kind of extra resources would we have to hire to support New Flyer Connect®?
With the support and training from the New Flyer Connect® team, you should not need to hire additional personnel to support the system. New Flyer Connect®is designed to be operated by the final users and provide automatic alerts to required personnel.
Have confidence in your electric bus fleet performance.
Connect 360™ is a real-time cloud-based performance analytics dashboard for Xcelsior CHARGE™ battery-electric buses, powered by New Flyer Connect®. It provides a full-circle perspective for battery-electric bus operational performance, helping you better understand this new technology during the transition from traditional to zero-emission fleets.
You can now translate data and statistics into visually intuitive graphs and measurements, helping you optimize the ultimate performance capability of your battery-electric bus fleet.
Connect 360™ is included on every new zero-emission Xcelsior CHARGE™ bus and analytics can be retrieved 24/7 via laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone device using the New Flyer Connect™ mobile app.
Key analytics provided by Connect 360™ include:
- Battery state-of-charge
- Outside air temperature trends
- GPS location and average speeds
- HVAC energy consumption per mile
- Regenerative braking
- Range achieved and remaining
- Energy consumption (kWh/mile)