The New Flyer Institute provides world-class training to our customers. We work closely with customers to design and deliver training to improve skill sets, allowing you to invest in your employees, and to deliver more course content via different delivery methods.
- Our instructors prepare your technicians to troubleshoot and repair your buses quickly and efficiently to keep your New Flyer buses in revenue service
Complete, Informative and Customized Training Programs
- Build-specific PowerPoint presentations
- Interactive direction from a highly-experienced New Flyer training professional
- Handouts for each mechanic
- Follow-up access to trainers
Customized Training Aids
Topics we can create customized training aids for may include:
- Air System/ ABS Brake Training Boards
- Functional Powerplant Assemblies (Diesel, Hybrid, CNG)
- Entrance and Exit Door Mock-ups
- Axle Wheel End Training Stands
- Fire Supression Boards
- Communication System Training Cabinets
- Mulitplex Electrical Training Boards
- Wheelchair Ramp Mock-up
- Auxiliary Heater Training Board
Other training aids may include:
- Drivers’ Simulators
- Custom Maintenance and Operator’s Orientation Videos
- Custom System Maintenance Videos
What types of courses / programs does New Flyer Institute offer?
New Flyer Institute offers a blended learning program including: eLearning, webinars, classroom training and on-the-job training.
Our agency needs to implement some sort of training, but we don’t know where to start. How can you help?
No problem! Contact us and our training experts will work with you, to come up with the right program for your agency.
Our maintenance department is too busy and short-staffed to block off time for training. Can you help?
New Flyer Institute’s eLearning program may be the perfect fit. With 24/7 on-demand access from anywhere, your staff can access training content whenever and wherever it suits their schedule.
What are the benefits of eLearning?
eLearning from the New Flyer Institute provides a turn-key learning solution on a web-based platform with highly interactive and visual content. eLearning is also available “any place and any time.” The end result is improved student engagement and better use of your training resources.
How long does it take to build new eLearning courses?
Courses generally take 12 weeks to design and produce.
What courses can you build at the New Flyer Institute?
We can build courses on any transit-related topic, from bus maintenance to operations.
How many students can take each eLearning course?
There is no limit on the number of students or the number of times a student can take a course.