NFI Group sets record with its 2018 United Way Campaign
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – December 8, 2017: (TSX: NFI) New Flyer Industries Inc. (“NFI Group”), the largest transit bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, today announced that it has set a record for the 2018 United Way Workplace Campaign, with $373,970 raised across all locations.
Consisting of workplace campaign efforts from NFI Group subsidiaries New Flyer, Motor Coach Industries, NFI Parts, TCB Enterprises, Frank Fair Industries, and Carfair Composites, the NFI Group surpassed all prior years of giving, bringing its cumulative total to nearly $2 million raised for United Way agencies across the U.S. and Canada since 2009.
“We are so proud to have achieved this record amount,” said Paul Soubry, President and Chief Executive Officer of the NFI Group. “Nearly a decade ago, we were looking for a way to consistently engage our team members across multiple locations to work together to do something special for the communities where we live and work. We chose the United Way to fulfill that common need, and we remain committed to supporting them as a respected organization that makes meaningful impact in our communities. It’s truly an honor to share this exciting news on behalf of our team of nearly 6,000 people.”
The NFI Group proudly supports multiple United Way agencies that are located in or nearby communities where NFI Group operates its 32 locations across Canada and the U.S., including:
- United Way Winnipeg (Winnipeg, MB)
- United Way of Central Minnesota (St. Cloud, MN)
- United Way of Delaware County (Delaware, Ohio)
- United Way of Southern Chautauqua County (Jamestown, NY)
- United Way of Calhoun County (Anniston, AL)
- United Way of Crookston (Crookston, MN)
- United Way of Elkhart County (Elkhart, IN)
- United Way Fresno & Madera Counties (Fresno, CA)
- United Way of Central Jersey (Milltown, NJ)
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati (Hebron, KY)
- United Way of Louisville (Louisville, KY)
- Inland Empire United Way (Ontario, CA)
- United Way of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks & Area (Pembina, ND)
- United Way of Metropolitan Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Renfrew County United Way (Pembroke, ON)
- United Way Peel Region (Mississauga, ON)
About NFI Group
NFI Group and its subsidiaries comprise the largest bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, with 32 fabrication, manufacturing, distribution, and service centers located across Canada and the United States and employing nearly 6,000 team members.
NFI Group provides a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under several brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), MCI® (motor coaches), and NFI Parts™ (bus and coach parts, support, and service). NFI Group’s vehicles incorporate the widest range of drive systems available ranging from clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, trolley-electric, battery-electric and fuel cell.
- New Flyer is North America’s heavy-duty transit bus leader and offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands. New Flyer actively supports over 44,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and Orion) currently in service, of which 6,400 are powered by electric and battery propulsion.
- ARBOC is North America’s low-floor, body-on-chassis (“cutaway”) bus leader serving transit, paratransit, and shuttle applications. With more than 2,500 buses in service, ARBOC leads the low-floor cutaway bus market providing unsurpassed passenger accessibility and comfort over traditional high-floor cutaway vehicles. ARBOC also offers a medium-duty bus for transit and shuttle applications.
- Motor Coach Industries is North America’s motor coach leader offering the J-Series, the industry’s best-selling intercity coach for 11 consecutive years, and the D-Series, the industry’s best-selling motor coach line in North American history. Motor Coach Industries is also the exclusive distributor of Daimler’s Setra S 417 and S 407 motor coaches in the United States and Canada. MCI actively supports over 28,000 coaches currently in service.
- NFI Parts is North America’s most comprehensive parts organization, providing replacement parts, technical publications, training, service, and support for NFI Group’s bus and motor coach product lines.
For further information, please contact:
In The News
CapMetro initiates option for 26 zero-emmision buses from NFI as part of five-year contract
In The News
New Flyer to deliver 26 more electric buses to Texas
NFI powers Austin’s CapMetro fleet electrification with 26 New Flyer zero-emission Xcelsior CHARGE NG™ buses